CU Online 10 Helpful Higher Education Blogs
We wanted to share a few helpful blogs and sites related to Technology, Teaching, and Learning in Higher Education. The sites that made the list were chosen for their contribution to Higher Ed through a focus on the design of quality instruction and a systematic approach to learning. They each offer many of the same functions (blogs, articles, research, community, videos, professional development, and so much more) with a distinct flavor. If we have missed something you think should be included here, please send us an email and let us know.
1. Agile Learning. – by Derek Bruff (Director of the Center for Teaching at Vanderbilt University) is a self-described on-the-fly responsiveness to student learning needs in the classroom.
2. American Educational Research Association . – AERA is geared for professionals engaged in the design of instruction and a systematic approach to learning.
3. Association for Educational Communication & Technology . – – AECT is a professional association whose activities are focused on improving instruction through technology.
4. EDUCAUSE . – EDUCAUSE and its members tackle a range of challenges including enterprise systems, strategic leadership, teaching and learning, cybersecurity, identity management, and others.
5. eLearning Industry . – a community of professionals engaged in eLearning. You’ll hear from a number of top authors.
6. Faculty Focus . – a creation of Magna Publications, publishes a blog and articles on effective teaching strategies for both online and F2F environments and is home to The Professional Adjunct Podcast.
7. Inside Higher Ed . – For those interested in the synthesis of Technology and Teaching. They have their own blog but also a fairly impressive blogroll providing a wealth of resources.
8. Online Learning Consortium . – dedicated to advancing Quality Online Learning. Connect with a community of online learning professionals around the world.
9. ProfHacker (The Chronicle of Higher Education). – a group blog that delivers tips, tutorials, and commentary on andragogy, productivity, and technology in higher education.
10. Teaching and Learning in Higher Ed . – a group blog that supports good teachers and reformers through encouraging serious engagement with the scholarship on teaching and learning.